Farmers Accident Insurance Conditions
- The Farmers’ Accident Policy is only available for designated persons and they must be shown on the policy declaration page for coverage to apply
- Income of the designated person should be made principally from the farm business (over 50% of income is Farm Income and comes from the farm)
- Persons under the age of 16 and over the age of 70 cannot be the designated persons
Coverages – Applicable to owners of the farm
This policy provides two coverages:
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment – this is a standard form of coverage to most accident insurance policies.
- Replacement Labour Expenses – this covers expenses incurred to hire replacement labour as a result of the named insured on the accident policy being injured in an accident and unable to perform his/her duties
|Per Named Insured||Option A||Option B|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment||$100,000||$200,000|
FARMERS’ ACCIDENT INSURANCE COVERAGE
Persons insured include only persons who are specifically named on the Declaration Page for this coverage. Limits of insurance are as stated on the Declaration Page. The stated limits are the overall limits for all accidents occurring during the policy year.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
If injury shall, within 365 days of the date of the accident causing such injury, result in any of the following losses, the Company will pay for loss of or permanent and total loss of use of:
|Both Hands||Policy Limit|
|Both Feet||Policy Limit|
|Entire Sight of Both Eyes||Policy Limit|
|One hand and one foot||Policy Limit|
|One hand and entire sight of one eye||Policy Limit|
|One foot and entire sight of one eye||Policy Limit|
|Speech and Hearing||Policy Limit|
|One arm||¾ Policy Limit|
|One leg||¾ Policy Limit|
|One hand||2/3 Policy Limit|
|One foot||2/3 Policy Limit|
|Entire Sight of One eye||2/3 Policy Limit|
|Speech OR Hearing|
|Thumb and Index Finger of Either Hand||1/3 Policy Limit|
|Hearing in One Ear||1/6 Policy Limit|
|Quadriplegia (complete paralysis of both upper and lower limbs)||Policy Limit|
|Paraplegia (complete paralysis of both lower limbs)||Policy Limit|
|Hemiplegia (complete paralysis of upper and lower limbs on one side of body)||Policy Limit|
“Loss” as above used with reference to hand or foot means complete severance at or above the wrist or ankle joint but below the elbow or knee joint; as used with reference to arm or leg means complete severance at or above the elbow or knee joint; as used with reference to thumb and index finger means complete severance at or above the first phalange; as used with reference to eye means the irrecoverable loss of the entire sight thereof; as used with reference to speech means the total and irrecoverable loss thereof; and used with reference to hearing means the total and irrecoverable loss thereof.
Any indemnity payable for Loss of Use shall be paid only if such loss is permanent, total and irrecoverable and shall have been continuous for a period of twelve months from the date of the accident.
“Loss” as above used with reference to quadriplegia, paraplegia and hemiplegia means the permanent and irrecoverable paralysis of such limbs.
Indemnify provided under this Part will not be paid under any circumstances for more than one of the losses, the greatest, sustained by any one Insured Person as the result of any one accident.
Replacement Labour Expenses
The Company agrees to pay up to the limit stated on the Declaration Page for expenses, incurred and verified, to hire replacement labour to carry out necessary activities which, if not carried out, would result in a loss of income to the Insured provided;
Physical injury, caused by accident and verified by a medical doctor, prevents the Named Insured, or other person specifically named on the Declaration Page, from carrying out his or her normal work activities on the insured farm premises.
Coverage shall not apply to:
- Loss caused by an accident which occurred prior to the inception date of this coverage
- Any intentionally self-inflicted injury
- Suicide or any attempt thereat while sane or insane
- Any loss caused by sickness
- Any disability caused by or related to pregnancy, miscarriage or giving birth
- Any loss resulting from service, including part-time or temporary service in the armed forces
- War, insurrection or participation in a riot or public disturbance
- Any loss that is a consequence of travel or flight in any aircraft if the Insured Person is the pilot or crew member of the aircraft or if the flight is made for purposes of instruction, training or testing
- Any expense incurred more than one year after the date of the accident
- The Insured shall provide the Company with medical evidence supported by a physician substantiating that the injury was caused by accident and has prevented the Insured from carrying out his or her normal farm employment activities
- The Insured shall resume his or her normal work activities as soon as medically able
- The Insured is required to preauthorize any claims for Replacement Labour Expense Coverage with the Company
- Each claim for Replacement Labour Expense shall be subject to a deductible of $250.00 per Insured Person
- The limit shown on the Declaration Page for Replacement Labour Expenses is the maximum payable as a result of any one accident and recurring disability resulting from the same accident shall be subject to this limit Benefits payable in the event of a claim for loss of life on an insured person are payable to the beneficiary designated on the Declarations Page. If no such designation exists, benefits payable in the event of a loss of life claim are payable to the Estate of the insured person. All other benefits payable are payable to the insured person.
Heat Prostration Conditions
All the following conditions must be met in order to qualify and maintain coverage for HEAT PROSTRATION:
TEMPERATURE – must have paging system which monitors temperature in the building housing the insured birds and must have paging alarm showing electrical power interruption
ELECTRICAL POWER – must have either an automatic generator or a manual generator available at the insured premises.
STATIC PRESSURE – insured building must have a static pressure monitor (manometer) (.10 static pressure in warm weather)
not less than .67 sq. ft. per bird (1.7 kg)
not less than .80 sq. ft. per bird (2.1 kg)
not less than .93 sq. ft. per bird (2.45 kg)
not less than 1.21 sq. ft. per bird (3.5 kg)
not less than 5 cfm per 1.7 kg bird
not less than 6 cfm per 2.1 kg bird
not less than 7 cfm per 2.5 kg & bigger bird
WATER AVAILABILITY – not more than 15 birds per watering nipple and must have adequate water supply source
FEED AVAILABILITY – not more than 40 birds per foot of feed trough
Coverage only applies to birds confined with a building
Poultry buildings are checked four times per day (early morning, evening and twice during the day). Especially in seasonally warm/hot weather.
Feed is withdrawn early in the morning where daytime temperatures are expected to approach 90 F
Coverage is subject to a thorough physical inspection by an Approved loss prevention officer.