- A SOLID FUEL HEATING QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED FOR ALL WOODSTOVES.
- Coverage restrictions and/or special conditions may be applied to any Habitational unit or Building with a Solid Fuel heating apparatus. (See the example below)
- All Solid Fuel heating units may be inspected by qualified personnel of the insurance company.
- Improper installation or lack of certification may void your insurance policy.
Coverage restriction example:
- FIRE or LIGHTNING.
- EXPLOSION: This peril does not include water hammer or rupture of any vessel or conduit due to “water” or steam pressure.
- SMOKE: This peril means smoke due to a sudden, unusual and faulty operation of any heating or cooking unit in or on the “premises”, but not smoke from fireplaces or wood stoves.